The oil market in a post-pandemic era
On the 31st May, Vortexa’s Market Analysis team came together to discuss oil & gas market dynamics now in a post-pandemic world, and it’s affects on industry players.
The session covered discussion points across the barrel, including key takeaways such as:
- Global oil market sees a paradox of rising crude inventories and tight refined products market
- Reshuffling of Russian oil flows towards Asia and the Middle East is set to accelerate as EU ban draws near
- Continuity of Asia’s strong refining margins hinges upon sustaining oil demand despite inflationary pressures, and keeping export arbitrage open
- China’s refining industry experienced a challenging start of the year, but recovery could be in sight
- VLCC tanker earnings could remain in rough waters for awhile, whilst MR tanker earnings enjoy a windfall