Crude Exports From Angola’s Kaombo Project Rise
Vortexa Snapshot: Crude Exports From Angola’s Kaombo Project Rise
23 May, 2019
- Angola exported its first cargo of medium sour Mostarda crude from new FPSO Kaombo Sul on 12 May, aboard Suezmax Tokyo Spirit -it’s expected to deliver to China.
- Around 100,000 b/d of Mostarda crude expected to load over June-July.
- Kaombo Sul FPSO start-up follows that of nearby Kaombo Norte in mid-2018-first cargo of medium sour Gindungo crude exported in August.
- Gindungo exports averaged around 80,000 b/d over September 2018 to April 2019, during which 90% of exports headed to China.
- Opec secondary sources pegged Angola’s crude production at 1.392mn b/d in April, compared with 1.478 mn b/d in 2018.