Exclusive Report: The fleet operating in opaque markets
Access the exclusive new report, “The fleet operating in opaque markets” which looks in-depth into the tankers operating in tier 2 and 3 and those involved in Iran, Russia, and Venezuelan trade. Compiled using our proprietary data, and insights from our team of analysts this report offers an exclusive view into the dynamics of the opaque market and the factors driving freight rates for these tankers.
19 April, 2023
Key report takeaways:
- Tankers operating in opaque markets reached a record high in Q1-2023, supported by Russian trade and tankers newly entered the Iranian trade.
- We observed 125 tankers switched from Iran & Venezuela to Russian trade and carried 1.1mbd of Russian crude in Mar-2023, a record high.
- Tankers which have exited the Russian crude and CPP trades have mostly moved to intra-regional trade routes globally.
- Greek operators dominate Russian crude trade from Baltics and Black Sea, whereas Russian & Chinese operators dominate Russia Far East.
- Tankers in the opaque fleet average 20 years old and the most common flags are Panama, Liberia and Marshall Islands.