Podcast: Oil price war, the battle for market share in Asia
Join Vortexa Lead Analyst Serena Huang as she chats to Braemar ACM’s Head of Tanker Market Research in Asia, Anoop Singh as they discuss the current oil price war and battle for market share in Asia.
Join Vortexa lead analyst Serena Huang who is in conversation with Braemar ACM Head of Tanker Market Research in Asia, Anoop Singh. In this podcast they discuss the battle for market share in the key crude demand market of Asia, amid an ongoing price war and freight market volatility.
Serena and Anoop also evaluate the impact that a potential production cut by OPEC+ and other producing nations would have on refiners and the tanker markets.
Hear them discuss:
- Saudi Arabia and Russia’s competitive landscape in Asia’s crude market
- Economics of Atlantic Basin crudes coming to Asia
- Drivers of tanker freight rates and the latest key signals in VLCCs bookings
- Floating storage capacity – current vs historical context and breakdown of dirty vs. clean tonnage
- Potential impact of new production cuts on refining margins and tanker markets
Listening time: 15 minutes
Music by mid ground
Want the latest Fuel For Thought releases?
Fill out this form and you’ll receive all our latest webinars and podcasts first.